Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Happy Birthday, Hilary!

I know I go on and on about how much I love flying - I love my job. While I'm doing it.

Today, I sat around my crashpad in Bayonne waiting for crew scheduling to call me. All day. I'm on the request to fly list! That means I want to fly! I could have spent the day at home, celebrating with my baby sister who turned the big one eight. We could have gone from Wawa to Wawa, buying cigarettes and lottery tickets like whoa. I could have taken her to the people in Woodbury responsible for registering voters, and filled out the application. If I actually had real dollars, we could have gotten her a passport too. Gone to Blockbuster and gotten her her very own rental card - gone to the bank and openned a checking account complete with ATM card! The list goes on of cool things you can do once you turn 18. But I wasn't there, and we didn't do them. For I was waiting to fly.


I'm sorry I missed your birthday celebration.

1 comment:

Alison said...

You're a good sister!!!