Monday, May 28, 2007

Happy Memorial Day!

Yesterday, I was on page 6 of the reserve list. Translation: crew scheduling wasn't going to call me. So one of my dear college buddies came up and we did the dinner and a movie thing. He was slightly impressed by this strange little place called Bayonne. I'm guessing it was because he was under the impression that Bayonne = Newark, which isn't the case. This led to a geographic conversation about the American ideal of what constitutes a 'city' and comparisions between NYC, Philly, LA, etc. I know, every moment with me is just sheer excitement (I'm sure that's why a movie was involved...).

This morning, I awoke to find a large, noisy parade outside my window. Happy Memorial Day at 10 am. Don't these people know that flight attendants are sleepaholics? For a while, Preston and Steve were renting out a marching band to come and wake up your delinquent teen - that's how I was woken up, minus the Preston and Steve part. These crazy town folk have a parade for absolutely every event they can - St. Patrick's Day (when I first moved in), Memorial Day... I'm anticipating the next one to be 4th of July, followed by Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, and one at Christmas wouldn't surprise me. Its kind of nice in a Middle America kind of way, but it would have been much nicer to have slept just a little bit longer. After all, today I'm on page 2 of the list!

No comments: