Wednesday, May 19, 2010

New Bed Time: 9 pm

Jet lag is currently kicking my ass.

My first night home, I was asleep before 8:30 on a Saturday night. Sunday, I was up and running at 5 am and needed two cups of coffee to make it through the day. I was assigned airport alert Monday morning at 7:45, which meant up at 4:30 to leave by 5:15 for a Wawa run and in the employee lot by 7. It should be no surprise that I barely made it to 9 before it was lights out. Yesterday, I managed to sleep in til 7; I worked out and napped a bit. Still in bed asleep by 9. This morning, I was up at 5, snoozed til 6, and then post-nap til 9. Its currently 3:15 in the afternoon and I'm so ready for a nap, its unreal. How I long for the days when I could stay up til 1 and sleep solidly til 10 or 11. I'm going to a wedding on Saturday and I'm beginning to get a bit concerned that I'll have to leave before they even cut the cake for fear of falling asleep at the wheel! I'm going back to work on Sunday night... this ought to be interesting.


Oh, and I totally forgot I had a pot of chili on the stove and just managed to cook the crap out of it. I don't think I burnt it... we'll see how this endeavor goes tonight at dinner. I am not okay. Sleep deprivation/jet lag is not cute!

No comments: