Thursday, March 11, 2010

Double Jeopardy???

So last night I didn't crawl into bed until 11:30. I thought I was good to go, I planned out my day at home for Thursday: wake up around 8 or 9, enjoy breakfast, work out, study German, make dinner. Instead, I got the scheduling wake up call promptly at 4:30 in the morning, for domestic alert a 8 am. I wallowed in bed for a solid 15 minutes and then got up, showered, hit Wawa, and back to terminal C's crew dungeon for another 4 hours of flying the couch. I commiserated with the other reserves, took a mini nap, watched a movie and then a bunch of my friends showed up for their own bout with alert. I heard some horror stories involving high time turns, minimum crew rest and more alert. One of my friends got called out for a super delayed Orlando turn - like that's a fun crowd to be delayed with!

And I'm still good for tomorrow...

No comments: