Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Control Freak

On my last four day, I was in the back galley and I hated it with a burning passion. I was so annoyed because I had a horrible lead who was unsure of herself and didn't know all the things that being lead entails. So this time I decided to pick up lead and now I'm not sure which is more important to me: being in charge of the aircraft or making my actual work environment happy (meaning putting together the cart the way I like it, etc.). I know I can't do both jobs, and I wouldn't want to. Part of it is accepting that there are different ways to do the same job and allowing people to do their job the way they would like to do it. Don't get my wrong, on this four day my aft galley attendant has been awesome and a pleasure to work with... I just want to do things my way! Oh well, just one leg home tonight. Besides, that's how flight attendants become banned to the load position. Does the phrase "does not work well with others" ring a bell???

No comments: