Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Adjusting

I hate days like today. I could have been home since last night, but with no personal means of transportation (read: vehicle) I sentenced myself to another night at the crash pad. And I've been sitting here all day because I was only good for today, they could only call me after one (yay call out line!), and I was request no preference. I called to be released and they declined due to weather. For those of you in the northeast, I'm sure you experienced severe thunder and lightening at 5 am. That was my wake up call this morning (and it didn't even tell me where I was...). I'd love to sit here and bitch some more, but I know that someday, I will live in the magical land of holding a line, even if my line is low time four days that start on Thursdays. Anyway, my days off officially begin in one hour and I will be HOME, at my parents' house in the way South Jersey til Monday. I've been doing this job and living this new crazy lifestyle for almost five months and I'm still not fully adjusted. I'm okay with that though, because for the first time in longer than I care to admit, I'm happy.

1 comment:

Alison said...

Glad you're happy. Love you. Let's visit soon.