Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Oh That Crew Scheduling!

You will never believe this one... They're deadheading me and four other flight attendants to IAH to sit reserve. When I arrive from my deadheading flight, I might have an assignment. I might not. I might get to sit in IAH for days - six of them to be exact. AND, if I sit for six, they'll have to roll my day off and I'll get all of Christmas off, eve and day. Moreover, guess who's in IAH? That's right. For the first time in quite a long while, I'd like to say thank you Crew Scheduling. Today, I don't mind that you own my ass.

Now I have to go pack for six days and all eight climates: bathing suit, sweater, gym clothes, heels... anything is possible when you're a flight attendant for one of the best airlines in the world. This is what the job is all about - a sense of adventure and spontaneity that just doesn't exist in the same way in Corporate America. So give me a call in the next few days, and I'll tell you all about my adventure or just stay tuned til Christmas when I will definitely get back.

God's speed.

No comments: