Monday, July 16, 2007

Coming Soon to a Super Wawa Near You... Not

For the first time in the six years since I have been driving, I pumped my own gas. It was gross, dirty, and smelly. And I almost spilt gas on my new red heels. But I did it! Like a grown up. I also have a new found respect for the gas pumpers here in the Garden State. Don't look for me at the new Super Wawa part time in the Twp; I'd rather pour the cokes, thank you.

Going to LA for the weekend gave me a taste of what life is like as a commuter, and its hard. As a reserve, with only ten days off a month, its hard enough to maintain a life in Jersey, let alone elsewhere. I guess it would be different if I held a line, especially in the international base. I just have to remind myself that someday I'll have a real schedule, I'll know where I'll be and where I'm going. Until then, you'll just have to keep up :)

No comments: