Saturday, September 26, 2009

And Don't Forget Your Deodorant!

I frequently make fun of my best friend Mo for the absurd amounts of deodorant that she slathers practically all over her side, from elbow to waist. I will be the first to admit that she never smells of BO and I'm glad that I have friends who aren't European in their daily hygiene.

Earlier this week, I was in Orlando visiting the Mouse. As we all know from my constant lamentations, Jersey did not have a typical summer and I don't even remember being constantly uncomfortable for days on end. I was, however, constantly uncomfortable in Orlando. It was outrageously hot and humid there and I sweated up a storm. Day one we went to Typhoon Lagoon, where everyone smells so you don't really notice it over the stench of chlorine. Day two we went to Hollywood Studios and whilst standing in line for Rockin Rollercoaster, I noticed some body odor. Not horrifying, just unclean and in need of some pit stick. I started sniffing around to make sure it wasn't too close by when it dawned on me. THE SMELL WAS COMING FROM ME. THE LIFESPAN OF MY DEODORANT HAD MET ITS UNTIMELY DEMISE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY. AND I WAS HORRIFIED. At the end of the day, we made a Publix stop and I invested in a new kind. I'm convinced you have to change brands every two sticks. The next day at Magic Kingdom I noticed a change in coverage - like there actually was some - but by the end of the day with that much constant sweating... it's just gross. In climatic situations such as Florida's, there really isn't anything else you can do but deal. I now, however, vow to never make fun of Mo again because putting on that much deodorant is simply being nice to others. Go hygiene!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My Dearest Alyssa-

I am so glad that I have opened your eyes to the world that is extreme personal hygeine!! I have a great fear of smelling...hence the elbow to waist application of deoderant. I'm also not bothered by deoderant on people's shirts...atleast I know they are using their prefered pit stick and making the worls a better place one fresh smelling pit at a time!

I am glad I no longer have to be harassed by you about my extreme personal hygiene!! Love You Chica!!

-Mo

Anonymous said...

Funny story. Ever since I stopped using deo sticks, I am now stuck with NIVEA Deodorant Pearl. Smells good and it dries fast. :)