Thursday, September 10, 2009

Olde To Jet Lag

So I picked up a Heathrow for Tuesday, even though I do try my hardest to boycott the airport hotel. This was my first trip back to work in almost a week, and we got in super early. I was in my room, in the bed by 8 am local time. I did not get out of aforementioned bed until 4:30 pm! I never sleep that late! When I realized what I had done, I jumped out of bed and headed down to the gym for my 45 minutes on the treadmill and had dinner with the crew at 6. I was back in my room before 9, and asleep again til 1:30. I watched some tv, then tossed and turned til 5 when I really started to nod off again. Promptly at 6:15, the person in the room next door started to blow out her hair. Did I mention we had the door to create adjoining rooms? Awesome. At least I only had to work B zone aisle home and flight time was a mere 7 hours and 5 minutes. I also took one of those water soluble vitamins chock full of B-12 and was rip roaring and ready to go for the last service, passing out of the documentation, and my excessive drive home. I was running at full steam til about five and now my eyes lids are flying at half mass. Earlier this week, I had briefly contemplated dinner plans for this evening. I don't know what makes me think I'm okay to do something social after trips. Could I have powered through it? Yes, and I've done it before. But there's no way I could have driven more than 15 minutes or had any sort of adult beverage of fun. I'm still coming to terms with the crap that is reserve and trying to negotiate the fact that there are always going to be things (the Labor Day festivities) and events (my Grandmother's birthday) that I'm going to miss. And still adjusting to the constant brain fog of jet lag.




Oh, and that movie quote???

Totally Sister Act.

2 comments:

The Flying Pinto said...

Darn! I'm so mad I missed the challenge! This is the first chance I've had to catch up on my blogs;-)

I remember flying international, and the screwed up sleep;-) I always made plans too...crazy...sometimes I'd be up for 36 hours straight! Of course it wasn't unusual for me to sleep 18 hours straight either!

Hang in there with the reserve!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love your blog....Just having a rainy day of blog hopping...enjoyed my visit to your blog. Hope you will stop by my new Christmas blog...just leaving a comment enters you for a great giveaway of ornaments on Oct 1st. http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com