Monday, March 3, 2008

Just Another Manic Monday

Yesterday we celebrated my father's birthday. My mother kicked me out of the house at 7 (I barely had enough time to finish my cake!) and I was back in my crash pad by 8:30. Scheduling called at 8:37 to tell me that I had effing airport abuse at 5:15 am. Gotta love that screw scheduling, when they give you the polite guess-how-we're-shafting-you-before-nine-pm warning phone call. I think I love it even more when they wake me up at 1:15 claiming that I have an assignment that I never acknowledged... airport alert at 5:15 you say? Well we already went over this. I understood exactly where you told me to shove it the first time when I was coherent at 8:37 pm, thank you.

So I woke up at 3 to take the first shuttle at 4 to the airport. It was a nightmare and a half trying to get ready in my crash pad, but that's a different story for another time. I wondered down to the crew room and was checked in and sound asleep by 4:45. Needless to say when the phone rang at 6:40 with a two day for me, I was looking a hot mess! I didn't even know my hair could look that bad... I took a few minutes (could have used 45 of them), pulled it together, and went to Dunkin Donuts. I rarely see anyone I know in the airport; but not today! At least I only had one leg down to West Palm and the loads were light. Lord only knows what tomorrow holds.


I feel like I can't complain too much because for the first time in the YEAR that I've been flying, I have every weekend off this month. We'll see how I like having a pretend 9-5 and normal days off.

No comments: