Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Talk About Manic Monday...

I'm sure the rest of you would like to know what happened to the girl that passed out on my flight as meantioned below. She went out cold for a few minutes, and came to and was completely coherent again. She said her name was Whitney, and that this has happened to her before; Whitney was 24, a med student, and asked all sorts of questions like how long was she out for. She then came and laid down on the galley floor, went out again and just like that was back. Apparently, sometime during all the in and out of consciousness, she urinated on the spare jumpseat which I unknowingly put my apron on (ew!!). The doctor, who just happened to be seated next to her, said that this type of passing out was not normal, and that she should see her doctor. This went on for about 45 minutes, while I was in the flight deck sucking on the gaseous (as opposed to chemical) oxygen. At the end of the flight, the passengers clapped upon hearing the "welcome to MSY" announcement; the paramedics met the plane and she was the first one off. All I have to say about the whole thing is thank God I have a few days off to regroup!!!

Today, I deadheaded in which was nice. I met with my supervisor and passed all my tests and quizzes and orals. One thing that he stressed in conversation about the job and adjusting is how lonely of a lifestyle this is, and he's right. I spend a lot of time on the road, and don't always have time to go home between trips (someday I'll have a car... someday). In a way I appreciate it because it makes me cherish the few moments that I do get with my friends and fam. Tonight, I had dinner in the city with my best friend and her man of over 3 years and it was so much fun! I love spending time with them - the conversation is always good, and they're artsy so I get a fresh perspective on things I hadn't thought about before. But at the same time, I must admit I was jealous of their nine to five togetherness lifestyle. I just keep the hope that someday, instead of coming back to my crashpad with five other people that I did not choose, I'll get to go to my home with a big, strong, hot man to call my own! Of my own choosing too!

Perhaps I shall find him en route to swim practice, you know, on that MIA turn ;)

No comments: