Sunday, February 9, 2014

Alert Like Whoa

As previously stated, I worked a FRA trip. I got it off airport alert (after having been bumped from SNN). I had an afternoon alert the following day; I was off Friday.

K, peeps, and I went out to dinner Friday night. Which was cut short once I found out I had alert Saturday morning at 6 am. Like, in the morning. I didn't even get to sit down and settle in when the phone rang with a SDQ turn. 8 hours to go to Santo Domingo and back. So thankful to have had a lovely crew.

Saturday night I tried to go out but was just out of it. Cranky. So I went home and before putting myself to bed, I checked my schedule to find alert AGAIN at 8 am.

This morning, I settled in, had breakfast, read my book, started a movie and the phone rang about 30 minutes before I was done sitting. DEN turn, deadhead back. Aside from doctors, I don't know anyone else who has 14 hour work days.

In summary, I've been on call for 6 days and I have over 40 flight hours. That's like a normal work week and we all know how I feel about those...

Flying these past few days has been such a privilege. I feel like me again. You never realize how dark it is until the sun comes out.

I'm good for three more days and I'm sure more adventure is out there.

Via iPhone

No comments: