Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Dreaming of Bristol and Still So Scary...

I did manage to get my trip switched to Bristol, which I've never been to and after this year we will no longer be flying there.

I just woke up from a two hour nap (interrupted only to let me pick up BRS and by my bff J, who I'll call back in a bit now that I'm wake and functioning), and I keep having these awful nightmares about being late for work. This afternoon's dream premise was that I had to drive to Bristol and I knew it was near London so I was going to stop and have lunch with Maureen there; we lunched at the time I had to be in Bristol and I was less than pleased. Last night, when I still thought I was going to Oslo, I dreampt that the family was experiencing some sort of crisis and I was screaming at my mother that I told her I had to leave by 6 and it is now 8 and I'll never get to EWR in 45 minutes. I never actually get to work, I do dream about my getting ready process (which for those of you who fly know how important this ritual is) and I get to the transit part but not the airport; I've had this dream a few times since I've been home from Germany. The only thing I could think to do was google what all this means and here's what I got:

To dream that you arrive late for something may mean that you are neglecting a responsibility, or you'd like to avoid the thing you're late for. Dreaming of feeling bad about being late can mean your are experiencing or fearing a loss of control or fear being controlled by outside circumstances in your life. Being late in a dream can also represent passive-aggression towards an authority figure.


To dream that you are late, signifies your fear of change and your ambivalence about seizing an opportunity. You may feel unready, unworthy, or unsupported in your current circumstances. Additionally, you may be overwhelmed or conflicted with decisions about your future. Time is running out and you no longer have time to accomplish all the things you want. Alternatively, being late in your dream could be telling you that it is better late than never. (found here)


Passive-aggression towards an authority figure? Hello scheduling. Change and seizing an opportunity? Well if one would present itself I would take it! How can I be running out of time when I'm 26?

I think I'm in need of a pint...

2 comments:

Sherri said...

How funny! I'm always paranoid I'm going to be late (probably because I made a plane late once) so I also have those weird dreams... Like things happen to keep me from getting to the airport or I'm late.

The other night I dreamed I couldn't make it through security, it was like an obstacle course. I finally snuck past security because I realized I didn't have my ID. Weird Dream!

kmc said...

I'd go with the better late than never theory there.