Sunday, May 15, 2011

Irish Bikini Fail

Having shopped all over the states and Europe, I have come to find that Irish/British clothing fits me best. It's curvy-er, cut bigger/differently in differing proportions and is more often than not, of higher quality. I discovered bathing suits at Debenhams two summers ago and fell madly in love. I bought two that year, one last season, and another at the beginning of this season. So pumped.

A few weeks ago I was in Dublin, just shopping about and fell hook line and sinker for this little blue and white number. I tried it on and this bikini made me feel beautiful. For $80 USD, I figured I'd treat myself - Happy Birthday to me - and hold on to that feeling of utter grace and beauty.

Which I did, til I unpacked it here on vacation and saw I bought the bottoms a size too big. It's not the end of the world - it fits just fine. The size smaller would have just fit more snug and been more appropriate for intense aquatic activity. Perhaps I'll invest in them as well because it's a really sweet suit and I love it. Certainly suits it's purpose.

Via iPhone

No comments: