Wednesday, January 12, 2011

With Love, Crew Scheduling

I was to go on call for three days. After the whirlwind holiday season I had, I thought I'd let the pieces fall where they may and see what happened. And this is how it went down.

Sunday I was assigned airport alert from 10:35 to 14:35... Instead of calling me in the crew room, scheduling rang my cell at 14:15 to tell me I had been assigned the two day IAH trip that checks in AFTER my alert ends. I sat for 4 hours, got paid for two, and worked to IAH. I went to sleep right away, and hit the breakfast buffet in the morning prior to our departure. I made it home sometime after 7 and had no desire to do anything.

The next morning, I woke up with an agenda! I accomplished NOTHING I had planned, as scheduling called to tell me my day off had been rolled so I could work to Mexico City, layover for 14 hours, and deadhead back. Sweet. At least a bunch of my cool flight attendant bff's were headed down too. We hung out the night we got in, had a lovely breakfast buffet together and then it was back to Newark.

I got on the plane at 14:00... flight time was 4 hours... I got off the plane at 21:30.

Just like Fight Club, we're not going to talk about it.

I'm back in the bay now, in my happy pants and I'm not leaving til Friday. I'm ordering my groceries on line and that's that.

No comments: