Thursday, January 6, 2011

E-A-G-L-E-S... EAGLES!!!

A few weeks ago, I was on a layover during the very important Eagles/Giants game. The Eagles had defeated the Giants at home and with the intense rivalry, many thought the Giants would pull through on their home field. And the did for a while.

So I'm out to dinner with a friend in Belfast when I hear one of the waiters talking about the game. I went flying over to him and asked what the score was - 7-3 Giants. This Northern Irish boy is of course a Giants fan. I'm dining, socializing with my friend who I hadn't seen in months and much to my chagrin, this waiter keeps walking by announcing the score! The last I hear, Giants are totally kicking ass and its half time.

I continue my evening out on the town in Belfast, and return home to find that the Eagles did indeed win by scoring 4 touchdowns in the last 7 minutes of the game - 3 of which were in the last two minutes! It was the game of the season!!! My dad found it on the NFL channel, so I actually watched it and was amazed at how exciting it was.

And wouldn't you know two weeks later I'm back in Belfast???

All's I had to say to the waiter was how about them Eagles and he knew. Oh, he knew. And since I've been state side the Giants have ended their season as the Eagles will go on to the Packers this Sunday. Awesomesauce.

No comments: