Monday, September 27, 2010

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things!

We finally got that new crew hotel for our long LHR layovers! Its a reasonably nice hotel somewhere in Kensington, and I just love being in central London again. I would have liked to have followed Pinto's example of doing a layover on less than $50 USD, but I wasn't quite dressed to spend much time outside; it was rather breezy and I didn't have a jacket. I did, however, manage to wonder around our new 'hood and find the coolest pub ever! The building is covered in ivy and vines and foliage, with various flags flying from the rooftop - UK, Irish, and something else. I wish I would have taken a picture but I already felt like a poorly dressed American tourist. Inside is a classic pub, with a lovely bar and great beer selection. But if you continue around the bar to the right and keep heading to the back, all of a sudden you're in a Thai restaurant! That's decorated like an English butterfly garden! So I got myself a Guinness and a table, ordered green curry with prawns and gorged myself on some of the best Thai I've had in a while. I can't wait to take crew members and enjoy it with others.



No comments: