Monday, January 25, 2010

Pity Party

After some Facebook stalking, I have been forced to confront something that I usually choose to ignore: vast majority of my cyber "friends" are like, adults. It would appear to some (ME) that everyone is married or paired off and already has or is currently searching for a house. Like a real ring and a real home. I'm not even from the south or midwest or any of those crazy places where people get married to the first person that comes along, or where houses are close to being affordable.

Guess who's single and collecting minimum guarantee at her airline??? Cue violins.

And I know things won't always be this way. Someday someone WILL like it so much as to put a ring on it. That I'm pretty much going to get a raise every March until 2022, and will be able to buy my OWN house, down the shore of course.

Its just some days it feels like the race has begun and I'm still hanging around the starting line waiting for something to happen. Perhaps if I was a more patient person, it wouldn't be as painful. Or if I knew more people who lived at home. Even worse, if I could accept the things that I cannot change, and work towards changing the ones that I can.

1 comment:

Tony Dominguez said...

Yeah I know the feeling! A lot of my friends have gotten married and gotten a house together. Its crazy and a bit depressing at the same time. It also doesn't help that my sister is going to college in Boston. Flew the coop while im still living at home here in San Antonio :\