Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Lofty Career Aspriations... auf Deutsch

As a reserve flight attendant, we normally only get ten days off a month. Which means you can block them together each month and take a week vacation every month, or a long weekend two or three times a month. Fabulous. Now, if you have vacation during the bid month, you have seven paid days off as well as an extra nine (somehow you always lose a day in bidding) from the line value! If you bid your vacation to be in two consecutive bid months - BAM! An entire four weeks off!

Therefore, this April into May, I will have a month off from work and guess where I'll be? Augsburg, Germany. Ich studiere Deutsch! I have the Rosetta Stone and a few grammar books to bump up the knowledge and I by no means expect to be able to pass the test when I get back to the states mid May. But I'll be that much closer to the speaker base and a line!

For those of you who know me and know when my birthday is - May 12 -I will be celebrating in Munich and you are all more than welcome to join me. May 13 is also a national holiday. Score. Clearly, I've recovered from my pity party yesterday :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous. ill marry you.