Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Things They Carried (And Lost)

Items I've left on the plane since I started flying:
- lunch! salami sandwich, sun chips. I put it away and forgot all about it.
- my pimp apron with my name plate and Rutgers pin in LAX
- my second pimp apron with my second and final name plate, and a Stitch pin on the 777 coming home from LHR
- a sweater traveling in and out of IAH, one coming home from LHR
- a pair of leg warmers on the 757 (I have since gone to Primark and invested in another pair)
- my copy of Da Vinci Code (I didn't even like it - I thought it poorly written in terms of syntax, though it had intriguing plot lines to keep me reading)


Items I've forgotten in hotels:
- pajamas on the first night of a 3 day in ATL
- dessert on the second layover of aforementioned 3 day in MSY (it was bread pudding)
- shampoo and face wash in DUB
- electricity converter, the fancy $30 kind from Brookstone in MAN; I made my parents call the hotel from their land line to see if it had been turned in - it had not.
- another set of shampoo and face wash in DUB (I think its because of the ginormous bathroom)
- and most recently, a bag of dark chocolate peanut M&Ms in MAN. This one really got my knickers in a twist because I was saving them for the car ride home and had to eat a Jaffa cake bar instead.


I think for 18 months on the job, that's not too bad! One thing I've never lost track of again is definitely my pjs!

No comments: