Sunday, February 10, 2008

Turning

So I was good for a stretch of four days... abuse the first day, sat for two, and now I'm doing a FLL turn this afternoon. Woo.

When scheduling gave me the wake up call this morning, he asked for Ashley. I was like... how about Alyssa? He apologized and then gave me the trip information. I can't help but question the literary skills of schedulers. Its not like there aren't famous Alyssas (Alyssa Milano), or that my name is uncommon; in fact, its a pretty popular amoungst the 8 yr olds. Its also pronounced exactly how it looks: ah -LYS - ah. This harangue is starting to resemble my issues with the Serta sheep in that none of them have green eyes. But that's a different story for another day.

Finally, I went to church this morning and for the past few months the parish sign (you know, the kind with the moveable letters) has read "a family that prays together, stays together". This morning, however, it said this:

Lay Down Your Burden
Jesus, The Best Baggage Handler

I kind of liked it. It sure beats "Wal-Mart isn't the only place that saves". I've seen pictures floating around the net of curious things like "On your knees is the best position". I'm sure Jay Leno has a collection of them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Once someone got to the church sign about a block or two from my house at school and switched the letters around to read "all fat people park in rear. God saves."