Saturday, November 17, 2012

Sleep Tight...

The biggest perk I've seen in this post-modern world is how accessible life in the far reaches of every corner has become.  There are "ancient" interviews with flight crews or businessmen, economists who can bore you about how the 747 changed the world.  And it has.

It's brought bed bugs to a hotel near you.

Recently I was in a hotel, that I will name by personal message, with an issue in more than one room.  I will also tell you, slanderously so via PM, which crew hotels that have been identified in the system as hosts of infestations of the night.  When my sister worked for Disney she learned the extensiveness that they deal with bed bugs (and I must say, if you were going to encounter that problem, then Disney is most certainly the place to do so).  It truly is a global problem, and has been for I'm guessing centuries.

At the moment, my suitcase is in the trunk of my car and I'm quite fearful to bring it into my apartment or parents' house.  I think it can just hang out a few more days before I pick out what needs to be dry-cleaned, or until I get desperate to wash those pajamas...

Or I might just get a new suitcase...

No comments: