Saturday, May 5, 2012

Kids

Things I learned today from hanging out with a five year old in a different language:

1. I'm not a kids person. You most certainly are not cuter than me, and don't make that face because I invented the face to get money from my parents, drinks from silly boys, and to get out of a speeding ticket. I'm not buying what you're selling, kid.

2. If and when I do have kids, I really hope I get the two for one deal. I can't even imagine spending my days off coming up with new and different ways to amuse you. If there's two of them then they can amuse each other.

3. Whatever you name your kid, I hope you like it. Because you're going to be telling it. A lot.

4. If you told the kid once in one language, they aren't going to listen in another, regardless of fluency.

5. I just haven't met him yet. It seems to me, that all these normal, self centered people who went on to reproduce keep telling me it's worth it; and I suppose they're right. Maybe it will be for me.... in like ten years ;)

Via iPhone

No comments: