Monday, June 20, 2011

Reserve dreams do come true!

Saturday, I was out in the city with my bff J and managed to pick up a Shannon trip using my phone; a rare occasion indeed. Yesterday, J had alert that began about two hours before my check in and texted me asking if I had been drafted. Scheduling hadn't contacted me and I was due to leave my apartment in 20 minutes. I popped on the computer to find I was removed from Shannon, and given a domestic pairing. One leg to LAX, 18 hrs, one leg to HONOLULU for 22 hours, red eye back to LA, nap over, and one leg home getting back after 10 on day 4.

Winning.

At the moment, I'm lounging in bed gathering up the discipline and desire to go work out here in Los Angeles. This is wonderful. I was kind of glad to have been drafted even though I do love Ireland; lately work has lost it's luster. Company morale is so low, and I'm beginning to find myself feeling homesick out on the road. Being given this trip has to be one of the better things that's happened to me on reserve, and for that I'm thankful.

Snap shots of Waikiki beach to come!!!

Via iPhone

No comments: