Saturday, June 4, 2011

Peter Pan and Londontown

To announce on The Book that I was headed to London, I decided to used a quote from Hook. "Lost, lost, lost. I've lost my marbles." I love all things Peter Pan - the Disney classic, Hook, Finding Neverland. Now that I have a Kindle, I've downloaded some classics and I'll let you guess which was first.

I only picked up this London trip because I couldn't get on the Dublin I wanted. I was pleasantly greeted by a flight attendant who's been on cola and leaves for the past three years - she remembered me. In conversation about what she's been up to for the last three years, I was granted quite the reality check. What is it that I've been doing for the past three years? One thing's for sure - I haven't been hiding in Neverland. I've been flying international since April 2008; I began my German journey January 2009; I was hired by the training dept in October 2010 and moved into my own place the next month. I'm quite pleased with where I am in life and my career - after all, what else is there to do besides collect seniority? I can see where I want to end up next, and I can begin to make little moves in preparation. Most importantly, I have these blissful moments of clarity when stop and smell the roses, to enjoy the where and when of now.

No comments: