Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Congratulations! You're NOT DEAD!

Dear Melissa Craft and Emily Pellegrini, of Texas,

I would like to be the first to congratulate you on your survival from the wreckage of Continental flight 1404 - you have made it out alive. Did you know that you're more likely to be elected President of the United States than die in an aviation accident? Move over Obama!

In regards to your law suit, I believe it to be frivolous. Each and every time you step onto an aircraft, you have paid and signed your life away and leave the fate in God's hands. Sure, more often than not you make it there, maybe a slight delay, or even early as Continental is known to be an on-time airline. There are no guarantees in this world, and your safety in the air, though most certainly a priority at any airline, is not a sure thing. This is something I'm reminded of each time I sit down on my jump seat. Release seat belts! Get out! I have over 240 hours of training and as you have seen first hand, it comes in handy. I understand the emotional trauma that is associated with such an event, but this isn't the trauma of your parents having to bury you. You're alive. Where are the thank yous? Arguably yes, I was not there and do not understand what it was like or the scars that aviation has burned into your soul. But I do know that you are still here, alive and well with many years ahead of you. You could have been in a skiing accident, car crash, unfortunate kitchen incident. In this life, there are situations that will be out of your hands and this happens to be one of them. I do not appreciate your careless accusations when the National Transportation Security Board is still hard at work investigating your particular flight. What if this incident has been a work of terrorism? Sue the terrorists?

If I were you, I would get myself a good therapist, meet me a pilot, and learn everything I could about their job and say a big prayer of thanks to God that I'm alive and count my blessings. Everyday.

Karma biddies. Karma.

Sincerely,
Alyssa
flight attendant

No comments: