Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Stonehenge

Being downstairs has its disadvantages; it means for the most part, I don't fly. Having just taught 777 Transition class, I longed to be going somewhere and got my wish! My friend Kristy made plans with a few air marshalls (just like Santa, they do exist!) to go out in London and see Stonehenge. Done, I was there! And here's the proof!




Beers on the bus go round and round, round and round!!! All through Londontown :)



This is the view when you first walk up to Stonehenge


We left Victoria Coach Station at 2:30, which was an hour past scheduled departure. It took just over two hours to get out there. We were given an hour to walk around and listen to the audio tour; an hour is more than sufficient. And then it was three more back. It was cool, I enjoyed it. I don't know if it's something I'd want to do again. I much prefer Ireland and the Cliffs, but that should come to no surprise to any of you. It was so wonderful to get away for the weekend, be with my friends, and remind myself what my silly lifestyle is all about ;)

No comments: