Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Get Paid to Sit at Home on Your Ass!

Yesterday, I had a free day off thanks to scheduling. I even called to be put on the guest purser list and still nothing. I must admit that its nice to get to be home all day and know you're going to get paid no matter how far you do or do not fly. I'm getting nervous because I know they can roll my day off on Friday which has the potential to mess with my week down the shore. Sitting in South Jersey knowing they can call you also gets stressful during rush hour when the call potential increases, knowing I might have to be at the airport in two hours. Ack. It makes me feel like I can't leave, a more comfortable version of airport arrest if you will. Its like house arrest where I have control over the remove (channel and volume!) and I can indeed come out the house with no ankle bracelet on (yes Bon Qui Qui that is what I had said). Since I've been sitting here for two days I have yet to do anything truly productive; I have new furniture and empty drawers. My old bookcase is now my sister's, and my library now resides in a box in the office. I'm thinking today maybe I should get a start on this... Maybe.

No comments: