Monday, October 22, 2007

She's Real Fine, My 409

For as long as I can remember, I've wanted to go to Cancun. I told everyone - random hottie on the plane, my roommate who's been there 4 times, etc. So when the open window first opened, I figured I wasn't going to get anything so why bother. Two hours after it first opened I logged in just to see what was up and there were two 2-day trips: the first one I clicked on had a 17 hr Cancun layover and it was MINE! One leg there, on aircraft #409, which was a pleasure to work with a great crew. The hotel we stay at is absolutely amazing and is probably one of the nicest hotels I've stayed at in my life (rumor has it that the only other nicer hotel is in Tel Aviv - I'll keep you posted on that).

We got there around 1:30, and by 1:35 we were sunning ourselves on the beach drinking margaritas. Who else do you know gets paid to drink margaritas on the beach? After I had had two, I found a gaggle of guys playing volleyball and decided to go join them. When I was in college I played intramural and my nickname was Daria, as in the MTV cartoon, which should give you a clue as to my skill level. During the game, I'm kind of afraid of the ball and not very good. It didn't really help that my crew was standing on the side lines cheering me on in front of a bunch of strangers that I was trying to impress with my serving skills (it was like sixth grade basketball all over again, but that's a different story for another time). I did manage to score six points; no one was keeping score. It started to drizzle and rain, but we kept playing. It was so much fun and totally worth the two hour sit in IAH and the three hour sit in TPA, complete with a rain delay and ground stop.

Cancun is amazing and someplace that everyone should go to at least once.
If not for a whole line! Oh that magical land of holding a line!

No comments: